Dorman Trading LLC and your Introducing Broker, where applicable, value our customers and maintaining the privacy and security of your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is critical to providing you with the highest level of customer service.
PII is identified as any information by which you can be personally identified, and may include your name, social security number, address, date of birth, age, email address, employment information, telephone number and other similar information.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
When a business sells the personal information of consumers, a consumer has the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by a business. Dorman Trading will never sell your PII to anyone. We do not disclose any PII about our current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We do not offer any financial incentives or price or service differences to consumers in exchange for the retention or sale of a consumer’s personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
Dorman Trading collects the following type of information about our customers:
- Information provided by you on your account applications or other forms; including but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Information regarding your transactions with us;
- Information about your credit history from third parties that supply us with consumer information; and
- Information from interactions that we have with you or that is provided by your Introducing Broker (“IB”).
- Geolocation data
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not
- limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application or advertisement.
Dorman Trading may share information about our customers for the following reasons:
- To contact you in response to questions or when otherwise necessary;
- To complete transactions you have performed through Dorman Trading;
- To provide to Dorman Trading third party affiliates that enable us to complete transactions you have performed through Dorman Trading (examples may include account application vendors and back office system processing vendors);
- To cooperate with legal or regulatory authorities or pursuant to a court order or subpoena; and
- To perform credit checks or address verification, collect debts or enforce our legal rights.
The business or commercial purpose for which we use the information collected from you is to verify your identity, establish your trading account, issue you an account number and a secure password, maintain your account activity and contact you with account information, among other similar reasons. This information also helps us improve our services to you, customize your browsing experience and inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
The information we collect indirectly from you includes your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider (ISP), time stamps and transaction history.
Should you close your account with us, Dorman Trading will retain your information, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements and to periodically contact you to offer you the opportunity to reactivate your account or participate in other offers.
Confidentiality and Security
Dorman Trading restricts access to your PII to those employees or vendors who need to know the information in order to provide service to you. Dorman Trading maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your PII. While Dorman Trading takes precautions to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Transferring your Personal Identifiable Information abroad
Dorman Trading may transfer your PII abroad if required for the permitted purposes as described above. This may include countries that do not provide the same level of protection as the laws of your home country (for example, the laws within the EEA or the United States). We will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) or other relevant laws.
In case PII is transferred to countries or territories outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that are not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of data protection, we have put in place appropriate data transfer mechanisms to ensure PII is protected.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may request that your designation be provided in writing and that you have verified your own identity with us.
Updating your Personal Information
If any of the PII that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, please let us know by contacting Dorman Trading at https://www.dormantrading.com/contact-us/. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete PII that you provide to us.
How long do we retain your Personal Information for?
We retain your PII in an identifiable form in accordance with our internal policies which establish general standards and procedures regarding the retention, handling and disposition of your PII. PII is retained for as long as necessary to meet legal, regulatory and business requirements. Retention periods may be extended if we are required to preserve your PII in connection with litigation, investigations and proceedings.
If you are an EEA Individual you have a number of legal rights under GDPR in relation to the PII that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information. In particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege;
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
For CA residents, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us.
To submit a verifiable request, contact [email protected]
Dorman Trading will comply with a consumer’s request to delete personal information where required by California law. Please note that California law does not require a business to comply with a consumer’s request to delete personal information in certain specified circumstances, including if it is necessary for the business to maintain the consumer’s personal information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the consumer’s privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
We have designated a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to enhance and promote compliance with and understanding of privacy and data protection principles. If you wish to do any of the above please send an email to [email protected].
We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorized disclosure of data.