How Interest Rates, Inflation Impact Equity Select Sectors
- Higher short-term rates benefit financials but hurt utilities, real estate
- High volatility helps utilities, consumer staples and communication services
- In past three years, tech stocks have tumbled during periods of extreme volatility
- Rising copper prices help materials and industrials but not utilities, real estate
- Rallying copper prices are seen as harbinger of higher short-term interest rates
Will Fed Rate Cuts Bolster Job Growth?
- Will Fed rate cuts reinvigorate the economy, boost job growth?
- Companies are curbing hiring as trade war puts supply chains at risk
- Would Fed rate cuts be enough to mitigate fallout from escalating trade war?
- Pace of new hiring slowed significantly in May, raising Fed rate cut hopes